Incomplete Download

I bought Orbx Northern California today and downloaded it via Orbx Central. The download hung and although some files were transfered, XPlane will not run. I recieve an error message about missing terrain files.

Trying to rerun the download in Orbx Central only takes me back to where the download failed. 

Can you help:

Tony Gronich

5f0c9f4f83354

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

central.log

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @tgronich,

One thing to check is if you have enough free disk space as this can potentially cause problems when downloading.

Can you try the following, without cancelling the current installation process:

• Completely close Orbx Central and ensure it's not running in the system tray.
  • Delete the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\job-cache.json file
  • Restart Orbx Central. The download shouldn't appear in your download queue.
  • Reattempt the product installation, it should find the existing extracted files and proceed with the installation from there.

Let me know how you go.

I was able to run the download again and it hung once again at exactly the same place as before. I dedided to leave it where it was overnight. When I checked it this morning the computer had shut itself down.

I opened Orbx central and it now showed a complete download of nothern california.  I turned on xplane just to see what might have happened. Everything seems to work.

That seemed to take care of the problem. It was just annoying that the process semed to have stopped.

Thank you.

Archived