Upgrading my monitor ???

ninja123

Gauges in FSX should not be elongated on widescreen monitors. There is a setting you can change to 'True' in the FSX.cfg file to tell FSX you have a widescreen monitor and this accounts for the change in aspect ratio. I use a Dell 24 inch monitor with 1920 x 1200 resolution and it is fine.

Cheers,

Noel

I use a Dell widescreen as well @1920x1024 and it's fine also. I was thinking that it was even more widescreen than a 1920x1200 but then I thought that perhaps it's the same just with the tops and bottoms cut off, not sure on that one, either way it's totally fine dw about it.

EDIT: Hmm... I just checked out my setup and I'm starting to think that maybe it does get stretched :o. Didn't notice it before but have a look.

EDIT2: On second thoughts, maybe only the things that were developed to be non widescreen that get stretched. I'm pretty sure the Virtual Cockpit isn't stretched (which is what I mainly use). I noticed that compass indicator in missions also got stretched whilst everything else seemed totally fine. So maybe if you're using 2D panels you might have an issue. Doesn't bother me since I never use 2D panels which is why I just noticed. Can't say I want to run out and get a non widescreen monitor though! Definitely a great thing to have.

Posted Image

[img width=1160 height=652]http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1272439250.jpg

Not sure whether the setting in fsx.cfg that Virtualwombat suggested will work, haven't tried it but as I said, I mainly use VC and those were fine from the get go.

Archived