Orbx-central-4.1.14 does not work.

Hi Ben,

I ran the test as you requested. i.e with .13.  If you take a closer look at the logfile I supplied it starts with v *.14 and then finishes with *.13. The trace clearly shows similar behaviour.

As for antivirus software, I shut that down and all of the firewalls for this last test... To be exact, both of these components were loaded into memory but we in a disabled state.

I do have another piece of software running which manages some of the internet activities. In particular, it enforces the HTTPS protocol and complains bitterly when it sees a site that is not using HTTPS. If the site is not running TLS 1.2 or 1.3 then traffic is unconditionally blocked.  The software also raises alarms/notifications when a site is totally unprotected or is running with a valid certificate issued by a lesser certificate issuing authority. By this I mean, an authority not recognised in the industry as at the level of the major players.

Based on the Wireshark traffic I had, I can see that Central first communicates with orbxsystems.com. However, once the user chooses to download a product and clicks on the download button, then attempts to build a link to a google based domain (if I interpret the DHCP address correctly) that suggests to me Orbx makes use of a Cloud based repository for distribution of its products. 

It interests me that normal traffic takes place (including making purchases) with the orbxsystems.com site without any apparent difficulty, but when swapping over to the cloud to download a product things fall apart.

I remember a recent announcement by Google that the were going to block all HTTPS traffic using SSL or TLS 1.0/1.1 that will have been implemented by this date.

Could this change have any bearing on this problem?

Cheers,

Archangel

Haven't logged in a while  just did an update and now the Screen is frozen on the  "Loading products and Libraries" screen.

update:

Reloaded PC and started Central and got a V4.1.15 update and now the screen is locked on the logging in page.

I am please to report that I have had success with v 4.1.15. No more issues.

I have however, upgraded my Windows Platform from version 1909 to version 2004  build 19041.330 (a beta release) since my last attempt. Prior to the upgrade I also reset my windows and restored 1909.

Thanks to all the devs for your hard work.

Archived