YBBN taxiway and apron textures

chubaka

@chubaka I would say that due to the age of YBBN the high quality ground poly that is often created and found in the newer products did not exist. You will find that the vast majority of older Aus products have a similar look to the runways, taxiways and aprons.

I know I'd like to see the work done across all the products that are lacking, but...

Andrew     

• 1 month later...

So far Ive been a European Orbx flyer and just bought Australia v2 and this airport to get me off and running in Oz.
Upon landing at YBBN my first thoughts when touching the runway were "WT...". Terrible FPS and the worst runway and taxiway textures I have ever seen in P3D4.

If this is the quality that is to expect from this airport, than i really regret buying this. This is by far the worst quality of airport I have bought for P3D4. Really dissapointed by this.

On 2/28/2020 at 10:38 PM, Andrew Hunter-Graham said:

@chubaka I would say that due to the age of YBBN the high quality ground poly that is often created and found in the newer products did not exist. You will find that the vast majority of older Aus products have a similar look to the runways, taxiways and aprons.

I know I'd like to see the work done across all the products that are lacking, but...

Andrew     

Im a very happy Orbx customer, but this has put me off buying any more Oz airports.

@Brittanix You need to understand that Orbx is a company that has been running and developing scenery since the very early days... Well over 10 years now, and that is reflected in their products. Australian scenery is pretty much where it all started.

It is fairly clear in the product description, "The airport is depicted as was at time of release, circa 2010" that alone means that the YBBN product is about 10 years old, give or take... Quite a bit has changed over time, in technology and development standards.

I think if the community wants these airports brought up to today's standard, it needs to be made very loud and clear by all! Keep making noise about it and letting them know.

But, there is only so much they can do if everyone is demanding scenery all over the world, so keep supporting Australian scenery!

Archived