Martins tour de death....

martinc

Hi folks,

Heres a flight plan that started as a throw away and has developed a life of its own...All done in good humour i hope. Nb. it will have to wait till the rest of the Australian ORBX is released.

Commence at YPJT (Jandakot)

NE to Wittenoom @ S22 13 25 E118 20 56 (might just have to buzz this one as i am told the strip is abandoned), however if navigable, stop for lunch. Remember, dont eat the blue snow). Note, no fuel, or water or electricity....

E to YBAS (Alice Springs) via Pine Gap, (might be fun to buzz the installation and test their uzapem lasers or the swarms of kamikaze bees they reportedly keep there.)

SW to YMRA (Maralinga) @ S30 09 42 E131 37 07 (Strip looks to be in ok condition, plenty of sights there to absorb as well as other things.)

E to YPWR (Woomera @ S31 08 36 E136 49 00. (I'm told the beer at the pub is excellent and if we hang around long enough might get to see some interesting aircraft.)

S to YARS (Ardrossan).

Land. Why not..? (there must be something to see there).

And if we haven't been shot down, poisoned, irradiated or suffered lead toxcicity we'll figure out how to get home.

Havent done the maths yet, but it looks like a fair hike, so you'll need something with a bit of go...

Cheers

Martin C

• 8 months later...

Archived