Found my new love...

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

...the default FSX Ultralight!!!

I just took off from 7S2 and simply flew in a random direction, keeping it low and slow (which isn't hard to do with the Ultralight... ;D ). The amount of detail you see (which is default PNW btw, not 7S2!) is absolutely stunning. I just kept on pressing the V-key! And here is a random selection.  ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The coming days I will forget about the flightplanner and simply take off from a nice airfield and just see where it ends! :)

P.S. If anyone knows a hi-res Ultralight, please let me know in this topic!

BTW Flying this slow and setting the LOD radius to 8.500000 also sort of solved my problem I talked about here... ;)

Guest J van E

Thanks!

Forget what I said about not using the flightplanner... I though the Ultralight was best for flying short flights above area's with houses and so on, so no flights from A to B in the mountains: that would be way too boring. Boy, was I wrong. I just flew from Pemberton to Squamish (following the valleys) and it was awesome!!! I never thought I had the patience to fly so slow and long (for me anyway), but before I knew it half an hour had passed. And the V-key had been working overtime again... ;D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Ultralight gives you the time to enjoy every detail and there is no VC or anything to spoil the view: it's spectacular all around!

Yep, know what you mean. I just love flying thru the mountains and valleys for hours on end (or at least until the fuel has to be watched).  Loved your pics.  BTW would like to know what area you were in?

Cheers....

Guest J van E

BTW would like to know what area you were in?

As I said ;D the first shots were taken after taking off from 7S3 (forgot which direction I went) and the second set of shots were taken between Pemberton to Squamish.

Lovely screenshots, Jeroen. Which cloud set are you using by the way?

Cumulus and cirrus # 21 from REX. At the lowest possible resolution, because to me that looks better. ;) The sky is New blue (if I remember well: can't check it right now).

Archived