Sound Card - Opinions?

Blitzer

Hello all,

Looking into replacing my current Creative X-Fi sound card due to various problems that I'm now higly suspicious that my current sound card (or it's poor drivers) are the cause of. My current thought is to replace it with a Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 PCI-Express Sound Card - anyone got one or have any opinions about it. All the customer reviews I've read for it on vendor websites seem to favour it quite well against my current card. Also, is there any benefit in going for a PCI-Express based card over PCI?

Thanks in advance for any input.  ;)

if your still in the hunt for a good sound card give a look at the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude, when i was doing my seach for a sound card it came down to the Asus and Auzentech being as the best at the time, i found the Auzentech to have a better THD than the Asus and better choice for upgrading the OAmp, the are around the same price i believe still.

With how i have my Auzentech card setup i never need to go beyond 50 - 60% master volume, and never beyond 50% volume with the logitech Z-5500 speakers......the sound card has perfect clarity and a choice in its software for gaming mode, and audio and its own settings for each, then use its digital out for movies and it will rock the house

Archived