Australia V2 and Custom Addons

bendyflyer

Hi I have just upgraded my Australia packages from Ver 1 to V2. This is a standard FSX Acceleration hardware box and sim setup. I have ORBX Global, ORBX Global Vector, ORBX trees etc, basically most of my sim scenery is ORBX based or structured. I like it very much and it seems to a very nice upgrade overall. 

I now have some major problems with scenery addons showing up in the sim. 

First I delisted all my Australian AddOn scenery except my flying boat packages from my scenery configuration file, on the basis until I established which airports etc had been done or not done by the ORBX upgrade for Austrealia, I think most have, (I cannot find a list except in the relevant folder for the scenery files) I would remove any problem for conflicts, check out the various aerodromes and airports and then make a decision if I would activated older scenery (most if not all by the way was ORBX compatible). I figured given that ORBX had gone to so much trouble to redo Australia then probably a lot of addons would no longer be required. I have also run Vector Configurator to ensure it was all ok. 

Background: Over time I had created a large number of one off scenery packages using Instant Scenery/ADE and the relevant files carefully placed in my own AddOn scenery folder which are then accessed via the normal method, in other words for each area I have created a unique ICAO style identifier (Using ADE) to provide a runway location together with the relevant objects which are then stored in the relevant cvx folder for that location. The scenery I created was for flying boats/seaplanes only and therefore these are of course located in bays, ports or similar that is coastline. I have had no issues with these sceneries until I upgraded to V2 of Australia, in fact you could overfly the areas and see the scenery or flying boat bases. In fact I have done all the major flying boat bases used in Australia, Sydney Rose Bay, Brisbane River, Townsville, Gladstone, McKay, Bowen, Cairns, Karumba, Darwin, Perth (Swan River), Gove and Groote Eyland. The scenery has been created using a mixture of FSX stock objects and other specialty libraries. 

ISSUE: Not a single Flying Boat scenery I have created now can be seen at the locations in the new Version 2, not a single one. The locations are still listed in the locator menu in FSX and if selected the aircraft  is placed correctlly but the scenery objects, wharves, buildings etc are missing or not showing at all, even at Karumba on the Normanton River which was pretty basic. If it was an elevation issue then I would expect to see some but not all objects but I can only conclude that there is some form of major change to the LC or texture files which is excluding my scenery. 

Now to give you some more information all the flying boat or seaplane bases comprise essentially the same thing, a wharf or docks or several, some building and or hangars on land close to shore, lights, cars etc I also had placed into all these locations a variety of static ships and maritime objects which by my understanding should have shown up but are not showing up either. I also have a variety of AI traffic which is still coming and going ok. 

I guess do you have any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it?

I am posting a couple of screenshots to show show you what I had done and all I can say is none of it is now visible at all. At these locations. 

RESOLVED - Sorry to waste your time but after a careful bit of thinking  I realised that the original Holger Mesh for Aus had not been deactivated. I did this and the scenery is back and working, A worthwhile tip for others in case they missed this issue of the new mesh. 

Rose Bay Flying Boat Base now operative in ORBX Aus V2 - great!

KFAExhB.jpg

Archived