Controller problem

Gurdy

ok.. guys.. hope someone can help. Since upgrading  from the RC to the RTM of Win7 FSX suddenly has decided it cannot see my CH yoke and quadrant. They are in the device list in Windows and they are also visible through the CH control Manager. They were in the standard.xml but with a long string after the name...

<SimControls.Map>

<Name>CH THROTTLE QUADRANT{54B75ED0-42DE-11DE-8004-444553540000}</Name>

<snip>

<SimControls.Map>

<Name>CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USB {54B785E0-42DE-11DE-8005-444553540000}</Name>

I have my Saitek Rudder Pedals showing up ok...

What I have tried...

Updating the drivers

Restarting FSX several times

deleting the controls "standard.xml" file and letting FSX build a new one.

deleted the FSX.gfg and let FSX build a new one...

Any ideas? .. I would love to do some flying today...and I really do not want to have to reinstall my FSX ...grrr....

ok.. guys.. hope someone can help. Since upgrading  from the RC to the RTM of Win7 FSX suddenly has decided it cannot see my CH yoke and quadrant. They are in the device list in Windows and they are also visible through the CH control Manager. They were in the standard.xml but with a long string after the name...

<SimControls.Map>

<Name>CH THROTTLE QUADRANT{54B75ED0-42DE-11DE-8004-444553540000}</Name>

<snip>

<SimControls.Map>

<Name>CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USB {54B785E0-42DE-11DE-8005-444553540000}</Name>

I have my Saitek Rudder Pedals showing up ok...

What I have tried...

Updating the drivers

Restarting FSX several times

deleting the controls "standard.xml" file and letting FSX build a new one.

deleted the FSX.gfg and let FSX build a new one...

Any ideas? .. I would love to do some flying today...and I really do not want to have to reinstall my FSX ...grrr....

Ok ...

So now I have reinstalled FSX on a brand new partition.. and all remanants of my previous install is gone... still the same .. FSX no longer sees my CH yoke and quadrant...

Wits end.. looks like a fresh install of windows.. and all my applications... grrrr.....

Well.. ended up reinstalling everything... my Sunday afternoon of flying ended up as a Monday night of 10 min flight.... FSX runs very smooth now... so I am looking forward to a good flight later this week :)

Archived