Major problem with Version 4

noels7

Hi

1. I installed Orbx Central V4 earlier today and everything appeared okay except while fossicking around

in the program I notice both buttons related to Insertion points were inactive.

2. I have just finished verifying all my Orbx software which are backed up on D Drive -Orbx backups.

3. While doing 2 above I noticed yellow dots along side several Australian airports which indicated that

there are updates available. However when attempting to update  I receive the following error message:

It appears that your scenery.cfg is corrupt or missing. You may need to launch or reinstall the simulator

to regenerate it. Deleted scenery.cfg, started P3D V4.5 and new scenery .cfg was generated. Error advice 

still appears.

4. The insertion buttons remain inactive and now all my Orbx airports etc are now default P3D.

5. I also noticed that during the verification processes Orbx Central V4 either crashed or disappeared which 

required on numerous occasions to be restarted.

6. The new scenery.cfg contains no reference to Orbx because I assume that the insertion buttons will not become active.

7. Is there a log file that might be of assistance for the developers?

Regards

Noel Southam

noels7

central.log

Hi Mitchell

Thanks for your response. I will attach my scenery.cfg but before that I should expand on my original post and this is complicated.

For some reason after posting my scenery.cfg established itself correctly and in correct  order despite the 2  insertions buttons not working.

This morning I restored my computer from a backup. Completely got rid of any reference to Orbx Central V 3.  Then installed V4 and everything 

done following the prompts. I then checked the insertion buttons and now they are functional. 

Reference 3 above , I was able to process the updates (yellow dots) . YBAS, YBBN, YBCS, YBTH,  then as YLIL was being updated Orbx Central

crashed/closed and disappeared from the desktop requiring a restart. After that I receive that error message :

It appears that your scenery.cfg is corrupt or missing. You may need to launch or reinstall the simulator to regenerate it. 

The yellow dots reappear against YBAS, YBBN, YBCS, YBTH.

The insertion buttons are now inoperable.

My scenery.cfg file (attached ) appears ok.

I have also attached central.log.

I have deleted Object flow from P3D Addons folder ( I assume a new one will generate when I access an Orbx airport with Object flow active).

Everyone keeps mentioning  the .xml files being created. I can't find them. Maybe you could enlighten me of their whereabouts.

I presume I will have to reinstall Orbx Central to get rid of the error and activate the insertion buttons.

Finally I have just started P3D and another error message appeared  that to proceed I had to delete !Portland2_LM.bgl file. Then P3D loaded fully.

I have never had that happen before the install of Orbx Central.

noels7

scenery.cfg central.log

Hi Noel,

It appears from your log that Orbx Central is detecting your simulator as Prepar3D v3. This is likely due to Prepar3D v3 and Prepar3D v4 sharing the same path in your registry.

2019-08-07T02:33:50.196Z [INFO] [Central::SimulatorService] - Selected Prepar3D v3 at path C:\Lockheed Martin V4\

We're in the process of preparing an update to address this issue.

Hi Mitchell

Thanks for your help. Version 4.0.4 fixes most of my problems except for :

I was able to process the updates (yellow dots)  for 9 Australian airports and as the final (YTSW) one was being updated Orbx Central

crashed/closed and disappeared from the desktop requiring a restart.

This time there was no error message and insertion buttons remained active. As the airports were updated the yellow dots alongside

disappeared but on restarting Orbx Central after the crash all the yellow dots re appeared  against each airport.

It appears you and your team have overcome most of the problems bar this last one on my system.

Regards

noels7

central.log

Guest Josh Koz

Hi noels7,

You log file indicates the updates completed successfully except for a 'version.txt' file that not being written in the final step of the install. This is the step that tells Central that your product is at the latest available version.

You can try clicking "Update" which should run very quickly and have Orbx Central try detect that the product is at the latest version. We're currently looking at a solution to to this issue in the next version. 

Hi Josh

Thanks for your response.

Computers are quite challenging on occasions. This morning the only yellow dot was against  YLIL.

I began migrating all my Orbx software to D:\Orbx Library and left the Australian stuff until the end

but noticed during other migrations that the yellow had disappeared. 

I have migrated everything now except TrueEarth Great Britain South which is nearly finished.

All the Orbx items have been verified so I assume everything is okay. I have not experienced  the 

crash/close and disappearance from the desktop requiring a restart mentioned previously.

Now to find out why P3D v4.5 has now stopped loading suddenly. Surely nothing I have done today re Orbx Central

could have caused that surely.

noels7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mitchell and Josh

Please refer to previous posts above.

After our last conversations in this post I reverted to FTX - Central because I was experiencing problems with Version 4. 

I tried version Orbx-Central-4.0.6 and just now released Orbx-Central-4.0.10 having uninstalled FTX -Central version 3.

The problems I am still encountering are 

1. Ran Vector configuration tool V 1.6.3 and it crashed with error message. After 2 more attempts it finally did as it always

has done. So that is now working.

2. Everytime I select/open FTX Global Lights Configurator V 1.30  items 1,2,3,4 are blank even though I have saved a profile

and clicked Apply. Surely would it not be easier to show those selections instead of having to load the profile each time.

3. As in my original posting  I made mention of the yellow dots appearing against Global, Vector, PNW and 10 Aust airports.

Everytime I open Orbx Central all these show update required and that happens. The yellow dots are gone. 

Re-open Orbx Central  again and all the yellow dots are there again and a never ending update occurs ad infinitum.

It would be appreciated if you could advise a solution for the above.

Noel Southam

noels7

central.log scenery.cfg

Hi Noel,

4 minutes ago, noels7 said:

Ran Vector configuration tool V 1.6.3 and it crashed with error message. After 2 more attempts it finally did as it always

has done. So that is now working.

If this happens again, can you please send us a screenshot of the error message? We'll then be able to investigate that issue further. I am glad it did work in the end for you.

5 minutes ago, noels7 said:

Everytime I select/open FTX Global Lights Configurator V 1.30  items 1,2,3,4 are blank even though I have saved a profile

and clicked Apply. Surely would it not be easier to show those selections instead of having to load the profile each time.

I've noted this as something for our team to consider including in the future.

7 minutes ago, noels7 said:

3. As in my original posting  I made mention of the yellow dots appearing against Global, Vector, PNW and 10 Aust airports.

Everytime I open Orbx Central all these show update required and that happens. The yellow dots are gone. 

Re-open Orbx Central  again and all the yellow dots are there again and a never ending update occurs ad infinitum.

Your log file appears to show that the updates have been successful and the version has been saved, so this is quite a strange issue. I can see from the logs that it is still detecting the old version even after an update is performed. I've logged this as an issue for our team to investigate further.

Archived