KGPI Issue

Zimmerbz

I have Orbx KGPI and have only flown in and out of it a few times.  The first few were fine but the last 2 times I went in there, there were elevation issues.  It was almost like there were default textures sitting on top of the airport and some of the buildings, cars, etc were sunk into the ground.  I know this used to happen at airports when running Orbx vector, but I disabled vector about a year ago.  I haven't installed anything new outside of a few airports in a long time.  What could have caused this and what should I do to fix?  Thanks!

I had this same issue and found a solution...but ONLY if you updated the Mag Dev/Nav Aids from the www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3 website.  The airport, previously known as KFCA (which is it's default P3d name) can be found in P3D\Scenery\0201\scenery folder. If you use the Aeros site, you will have two files listed within that folder that pertain to KFCA/KGPI (as well as other regional airports...it should be noted):

APX17140.bgl and APX17140.bgl.ilsbckup

Essentially, restore the backup file by moving or renaming the APX17140.bgl file, then delete the ".ilsbckup" extension from APX17140.bgl.ilsbckup to restore the original file. This fixed all of the elevation issues I had with KGPI/KFCA. If you haven't used the Aero website, then I defer to others...but wanted to list this as it fixed the elevation issue I had. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

What Surg has suggested is pretty much it in a nutshell. If you have product installed that modifies the core P3D files then you are likely to encounter issues that we cannot resolve.

Can you confirm whether you're still having this issue? Have you tried the most recent update?

Cheers,

Greg

Archived