Runway lights bleeding through clouds

Hi,

I've been doing quite a bit of flying around Russia lately and I'm having an issue with runway lights "bleeding" through the low clouds and snow. They appear to pulse as if they are fading in and out of the clouds. At first I though it was pretty cool, but I've had a few flights lately where I was expecting OVC002 conditions and instead had clear visual on the runway from 1500 or so. The rest of the world doesn't "pop out" until it's supposed to, so I'm stumped. I googled everything I could but strangely didn't find anything else like my problem out there. I posted my problem in the Activesky forum but they said it's likely to do with a setting in my scenery. I run UTX and FTX Global.

Another interesting thing I noticed was that as I was taking these pictures, I would pause the sim with full visual on the lights, then they would slowly fade out as you see in the pics... as if the visibility was catching up with them. Even after the sim was paused!

Current conditions as of these pics:

150216Z 36006KT 9999 FG -SN OVC007 M04/M05 Q1030 RMK ADVANCED INTERPOLATION

In the images below you can see that the entire runway is visible before "breaking out". The fading effect between the two is the pulsing I'm referring to.

Any ideas?

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_12.png

Archived