Updated KSMO AFCAD Needed for NA Apt Pack - Shortened Runway

eserafinojr

To Whom It May Concern At the ORBX Team,

As a happy owner of all your terrain products and many, many sceneries, I was wondering if and when will we be getting the updated KSMO layout in the NA airport pack.

As you may have heard the runway was shortened to 3500ft, 750ft on either end, in an effort to curb jet traffic ahead of the airport's planned closure in 2028.

New Taxiways have been added to the new runway starting points and taxiways leading up to the old runway end points have been closed and decommissioned.

I tried fixing the AFCAD myself in ADE but the AFCAD file is far too complex with too many custom asphalt layers etc. And I'm no scenery designer.

There is a ton of info available online of what was done at KSMO. My home airport is actually KTEB but always had an interest in this unique urban airport.

Anyway really hoping you guys or somebody with the know how could get this updated to reflect its current configuration. Jets aren't banned yet so only the shortest field capable lighter jets can operate out of SMO now. Makes for some fun flying in the sim.

Anyway thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

KSMO_ADEP4_EPS.bgl

ADE_FTX_SCA_KSMO.bgl

Here are the original and mine which I started modifying to relfect the layout but gave up on the Runway 21 end was too complicated with the curved asphalt and custom layers.

It's probably all wrong but it gives you an idea.

More info here :

https://www.airnav.com/airport/KSMO

Archived