Okay, I gave up and join a cult...

HercFan

... yes a secretive movement of slow flyin'... easy goin'... laided back A2A Cub addicts!

Love at first sight!

Posted Image

First test flight around Cessnock

Posted Image

En route to Woorim (Bribie Island, Queensland)

Posted Image

Woorie Airfield in all its glory. Perfect for my first tundra wheel landing!

Posted Image

Touchdown! Read that one is suppose to land "3 point" on tundra wheels. But I will take it for my first one! (note: I cleared that little bush that was in the middle of the rwy)

Posted Image

Parked for the night. I just up the local "rental" ride will be as reliable as my Cub!

Posted Image

Man, you must have been impressed to drag you outta the C130 cockpit my friend!  ;)

Ha ha ha! Good one. It is indeed quite the difference. But man, I simply love it. I am planning a detailled article on it once I get a good 15-20 hours in it.

Let me put it this way: I don't keep a huge aircraft inventory, and I am quite tough to please when it comes to add-ons. So I don't go from plane to plane all the time. My current virtual hangar is easy:

1. Easy going VFR: A2A Cub

2. "Faster" VFR and IFR: jury is still out. I am hunting. An A2A/Accu-Sim Super Cub would be perfect...  :'(

3. Air Hauler/cargo/do-it-all: Lionheart Quest Kodiak (but I have some reservations with it, at least its regularly updated)

4. The Beast: CS C130X.

That's it. But I must admit that after only a few flights, the Cub is blowing me away. At least from my perspective of a 20 year veteran of MS flight simming.

Archived