KSBA Compatibility

Starlifter60

Hi all, 

After installing FTX Global Base, Vector, Open LC North America and Trees...I purchased and installed KSBA. It works perfectly. Going back to the ORBX website I see -after the fact-that it requires NA Southern California as a dependency. Well, it's works great for me without it but I want to purchase more of the California airports. Dumb question, I know, but is FTX Base sufficient to run these? Thanks!
Brian  

Hi Brian,

It doesn't actually work perfectly, if you look in certain areas there are anomalies. However, if these don't bother you, then of course it's possible to use KSBA without SCA.

We list SCA as a requirement because it's needed to see the scenery exactly as designed without any of those anomalies. If we didn't then we'd get a lot of support requests from people who might actually be bothered by them.

I can't speak for other airports in the area, how many problems an airport has without its corresponding region greatly depends on the particular product. It might have minor ones like KSBA, or might be much more major. All we can guarantee is that the airports will only work without any problems whatsoever if you have the corresponding region, since we don't test airports without the region.

Cheers, Misha

6 minutes ago, Misha Cajic said:

Hi Brian,

It doesn't actually work perfectly, if you look in certain areas there are anomalies. However, if these don't bother you, then of course it's possible to use KSBA without SCA.

We list SCA as a requirement because it's needed to see the scenery exactly as designed without any of those anomalies. If we didn't then we'd get a lot of support requests from people who might actually be bothered by them.

I can't speak for other airports in the area, how many problems an airport has without its corresponding region greatly depends on the particular product. It might have minor ones like KSBA, or might be much more major. All we can guarantee is that the airports will only work without any problems whatsoever if you have the corresponding region, since we don't test airports without the region.

Cheers, Misha

Thanks for the quick reply...I'll likely go ahead with the NA California regions then. Everything looks amazing and my frames are still hi 30s. Thanks!
Brian

Archived