SSD IntelX25-M and OCz Vertex Turbo

Guest boeingqa

Guest boeingqa

Guy just read a review regarding 6 SSD`s 2 Intel and 4 OCz by all accounts it seams the Intel 25M G2 are the fastest around can anyone

let me know what the intels are like?

Also looking at getting a 80gig for c:\ and just a few shooter games and 160gig for FSX

would this be ok

also windows 7 to install what does it require in regards to space?

Many Regards

Paul

Guest J van E

I've got an 80 Intel Postville SSD with Windows 7 on it AND FSX. I still got something like 35 Gb free. If you are into photorealistic scenery, you are going to get into problems and also when you like to have 3869 addon planes installed. I only have one addon plane installed right now (I hardly ever switch planes) and FTX Blue and Gold plus the OZx airports. I also have FEX but I installed that on my old D: drive (which isn't a problem because all FEX does is install textures into the FSX folder, so I don't need that on my C: drive). Programs like Firefox and whatever, are also on my D: drive, so all in all I have a pretty clean system and it really depends how much extra's you are going to install. I still got plenty of room left for PNW and some more planes. I have to add that I kept my old C: drive for all my other computer needs (got a dual boot system now): the SSD is dedicated to FSX.

The Intel SSD is fast indeed. although I mainly notice that with Windows 7 itself (which stays fresh and quick forever) and when loading FSX's main menu. Loading of flights still takes quite some time, but it is quicker than when I had my old C: drive. In FSX itself, while flying, I do not notice much of a difference.

I will never buy a old fashioned hard disk again, maybe one for backup (which doesn't need to be fast) but for regular use I will only get SSD's from now on. I rather have them small and quick than large and slow. It all depends on what you do with your computer of course... I do not download warez and don't have a terrabyte of films on my computer so I don't really need all that terra-space...

Archived