Trackir 4 with windows 7 - will it work?

Blackjack

Good day, mate.

Yes, indeed it does.  Actually, I now use my TrackIR4 and TrackClip Pro with the V5 drivers.  Works a treat on Win7 64bit, whereas I had difficulty on Vista 32bit.

If you haven't got one yet, why not go for the TrackIR 5?  Too big a price jump?

Cheers,

Yes, I'm using TrackIR 4 with V5 drivers and it works fine with my Win7 so far.  Occasionally it will fail to initialise the camera but I just close the software and reopen it again - though sometimes I do need to terminate the process via Task Manager.  But overall no major issues.

Cheers

Jason

thanks for the reply guys! i cant work out whats so different about trackir4 and 5???

cheers

Timour

Well, apart from the price, which is $80 - $100 more, depending on the retailer and package, there are a few technical differences.  Compare them on NaturalPoint's site here... http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-products/trackir-product-comparison.html

It may or may not be worth the extra money.  It depends on how much value you place on having a realistic POV in the aircraft.  Plenty of us are still way happy with the TrackIR 4, but that could be because we haven't seen the 5 in action yet.  I haven't.  The question we ask is "how much more realistic can it get?".

Whichever way you go, you won't regret your choice.  You'll soon find it impossible to fly without it.

Cheers,

Yup, agree.  Don't want to sound like I'm advertising for Natural Point here, but the TrackIR does make simming sooooo much more enjoyable, especially VFR.  It also makes insignificant thing like taxiing so much cooler and realistic.

Combine that with quality sceneries like Orbx and you're bound to work up a healthy neck muscle when simming  ;)

Cheers

Jason

Archived