3D test

dogdoor

They look great!. I'm hooked on 3d. I ordered a quality Plastic pair from a site mentioned by JV in another post. cost about $18 incl priority postage. I ordere Friday and they arrived yesterday. They are great.

Cheers,

Norm

What was the website... just trolled JVs posts and couldn't see the link to it anywhere. Wouldn't mind a pair myself so I can enable the default 3D on my GFX to test this.

Brad,

This is the site http://www.oz3d.com.au/product_info.php/cPath/22/products_id/35 I got prompt service from them.

For anybody with reading glasses they will have clipons in Feb. The pair shown in the link fit nicely over my glasses.

Cheers,

Norm

Thanks for the link,

I purchased some 3d dvd's from kmart to test this out (with the cardboard specs) is novel but not something i am able to use for prolonged periods.

Might try with the better glasses and see how it looks.

Thanks for the link,

I purchased some 3d dvd's from kmart to test this out (with the cardboard specs) is novel but not something i am able to use for prolonged periods.

Might try with the better glasses and see how it looks.

If the 3d is too strong it gets a bit much. Turn it down to nothing (ie a single image without the red shadow), then turn the 3d up a bit just enough to be comfortable. I tried a taxi around in Carenado C152 and it made such a difference. You get the feeling that you are above the ground and not looking at everything on a flat screen.

Thanks for the heads up, will do - i did have a quick play with the sliders but they are not on minimum...

Only other issue is that this does not play nicely on my 40inch Samsung LED tv, i think the big pixels are messing with the veiw, it just doesnt blend nicely. The red kinda flows outside the image.

On the 23 inch it all works nicely however.

Hey DD,

Today I tried the Carenado Cherokee in 3d, airborne external and kept increasing the 3d separation. Gee the aircraft was out of the screen and appeared to be sitting over my flightsim yoke! It looked like a highly detailed model aircraft. I did a few screenshots to post but they didn't turn out as the actual so I didn't post. Give it a go. You feel as though you can catch the aircraft in the air.

Cheers,

gibo

Archived