Discus

dogdoor

Have only dabled and taken this up for one or two quick flights, using the prop seems to be an art unto itself.

I do not have CumulusX - is this a thermal physic's generator or something?

I enjoyed your pics also Blitzer

Have only dabled and taken this up for one or two quick flights, using the prop seems to be an art unto itself.

I do not have CumulusX - is this a thermal physic's generator or something?

I enjoyed your pics also Blitzer

As it happens I only just tried out the motorised version myself tonight having stuck with the usual tow-plane most of the time plus WinchX, which I have to say is better than I expected.

Yes CumulusX creates more realistic thermals within FSX, can't say I can really tell the difference, but it's certainly a bit more natural looking than the schematics or tiny birds to show where the thermals are (FSX standard features). The clouds offered by CumulusX don't look quite right IMO, and they leave dark patches on the ground (shadows), but they are still preferable to the standard features IMO and mkae it fairly straight forward to keep it up as it were! For example after taking off with the Winch at Cessnock I was able to get up to 6,000 feet plus and use thermals to fly all the way to Warnervale and Aeropelican and back again and only landed by choice. I think I was flying around for a good 1.5+ hours. Just spent a simliar amount of time up and around Tamworth.

I have to say I really quite like the Discus really quite rewarding to do a long flight (time wise) using nothing but thermals to stay up. Having had a one-day trial flight in a real glider (ASK 21) I'm quite impressed how realistic the Discus is. Sounds are very accurate, the yaw string is just how I remeber it! and the flight model convincing. I urge anyone who has not even tried the default glider to give it a try, it's really quite addictive once you start to get the hang of it.  ;D

Archived