Gigabyte X58A-UD5 SATA 3 USB 3

Dwho

Just my opinion, but I've been a fan of Asus boards for a long time.

[urlhttp://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=wurRaDZ8lo4Ckukj]

And if you are interested in cutting edge, there is a new EVGA mobo (no doubt others will follow) that has dual cpu mounts for i7. That's the baby I'm interested in.

It was mentioned in this forum not long ago,

Frank

This particular motherboard isn't on the same par as the Asus P6X58D Premium, its more like a watered down Gigabyte X58A-UD7, the X58A-UD5 doesn't have the north bridge cooler and has only 12+2+2 VRM's (voltage regulator modules, they basically distribute the power over the CPU the more you have the more even the power and heat spread is resulting in the ability to do a little bit of a higher overclock and there is less wear and tear on the CPU) the UD7 has 24+2+2 the P6X58D has 16+2

The Gigabyte X58A-UD5 is more of a mainstream motherboard rather than a high to extreme overclockers board as is the X58A-UD7 (was to be named X58A-Extreme2) and the Asus P6X58D Premium, NOTE: the P6X58D Premium is Gulftown (32nm 6 Core) ready so the ppl that are lucky enough to get something like the new intel Core i7 980X (Gulftown Chip formerly Core i9) can just drop the CPU into their system and the wont have issues just a BIOS update ;D

Yeah other than 16v12 phases that board doesn't offer anything over UD5 that justifies the difference in price. And from what I noticed OC-ing my 920, UD5 has no issues holding an OC whatsoever, but I've only taken it up to 4.4Ghz as I'm under air cooling and it can only do so much. :P I am not really partial to either manufacturer, I've used both ASUS and GA boards and both put out solid products, however,  for me its all about finding the price vs. performance sweet-spots. Every no and then both companies release virtually identical product and just up the price for gimmick features.

Regarding the EVGA dual-CPU board....that's just a bit, at least for most users, unnecessary. But it sure would be fun to toy with it. Lol.

~cheers

Regarding the EVGA dual-CPU board....that's just a bit, at least for most users, unnecessary. But it sure would be fun to toy with it. Lol.

~cheers

I'm talking about the fact that in FSX our biggest bottleneck is the CPU.

In an earlier thread, it was said that FSX could utilise 256 cores, so two cpu's running on one board has to be better than one (if you got the money to try it!),

Frank

Archived