Old Topic Same Problem - What to buy

Oscar17

I'm currently running a Dell Dimension 3000 and have recently purchased FSX with FTX Australia and YMML terrain.  I was totally blow away by how good it looked on the Web site, surely my PC would be able to handle this  :'(

I have a limited budget and only looking to upgrade the "box".  Zero idea with the "techie" talk and non the wiser for reading other treats on the topic.

If you were building or buying a PC, what are the must have items (apart from a larger budget), and what are the nice to have things.

Ideally I'd like to run the photo realistic terrain and certainly will be using the program for IFR proficiency.

What do I really need?

cheers

Dave  ???

Dave, when you say the "box" do you mean the entire unit or the case your goods are in? Looking to upgrade the entire unit? What are your specs? Sometimes a new video card, ram etc. is the only thing needed. Or an overclock of the CPU. There are some super technical talent here, you came to the right place. I am going to build a new unit and have been given some outstanding advise. I am still cutting my teeth on all this as you can tell by my photo  ;D

Archived