ATC window blurry

Mac6737

I have only recently discovered Orbx and have now installed Global Base and Global Vector.  I am delighted.

However, my ATC window is blurry and mostly illegible.  The voice commands are fine, but I can no longer read the prompts and so I can't reply.  My impression is that nothing in the files I have downloaded should affect the ATC window, which might have something to do with my video card (Radeon 6700).  OTOH, I never saw this problem until the  recent installations.

Is this just coincidence?  Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks,

Mac

Hello Mac

What video memory does this card have ?

Both FSX and specifically Prepar3D would require you to have at least 2 gig of GPU Video memory to enjoy the Sim with Add Ons Installed and even at that you would have to run many of the settings on Low - Medium,  More so with Prepar3D   (With Add On's Installed)  

You could try and lower your Graphics & Scenery settings and lock your frames per second at 20 or maybe 24 to help minimize the Impact. 

Elaine,

Thank you for responding.

This PC is 6 years old.  The spec sheet says:  "DiamondM HD6770 1GB D5 PCIE DDHDP."  I'm guessing the 1 gig is what we're looking for.  I'll try the fixes you suggest, although other than the ATC problem, the sim is looking pretty good with the ORBx add-ons, frames locked at 30.  But, come to think of it, I don't believe I've seen any air traffic since I installed them,  Hmmm . . . .

And I shoulda said: I'm running FSX with Acceleration.  MY CPU is i5 2500K at 3.3 GHZ clock speed.   

Maybe it's time for an upgrade, if I can stand the disruption.

Archived