Classics Hanger Fw190A. (21pics)

alan2

FW-190A , earlier version. If you have it and have blurry textures there is an update at Classics Hanger.  Another good model,good cockpit.  8)  These things are fast and agile ! You do a role just twitching the stick  :D

...."Balancing was superb with very low Centre of Gravity changes throughout the envelope, thus only minimal trim changes to the horizontal tail plane where required as load changed.

Mock combats against captured planes clearly showed that the Fw190 was superioir to anything the allies had in their inventory..."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks guys ,

Chunk, Im wondering if there's an advantage to having both early and later versions.  Is there an improvement thats noticable between the two. Im trying to find a reason to purchase the later models other than  they happen to be the later models.

Thanks guys ,

Chunk, Im wondering if there's an advantage to having both early and later versions.  Is there an improvement thats noticable between the two. Im trying to find a reason to purchase the later models other than  they happen to be the later models.

The biggest advantage is that they are the later models.  There are now higher resolution cockpit textures, different engines, fuel systems, flight models, etc.  I am a HUGE fan of Anton series, so getting the early and late variants was a no-brainer.  The A-9, for instance, is a just a beast! :D

Thanks guys ,

I got the Late version yesterday Alan.

The cockpit up to mark 9 looks like your version above(well not much difference) but I like the mark 9 best simple because it has a vertical indicator  ;)

What can i tell you as i don't have your version.

Take off is interesting and needs a lot of focus, flying is very enjoyable she is very easy to roll, response is very fast and she feels light.

Landing is one hell of a challenge, I spent 2 hours doing circuits and got a lot better but no forward view at all almost on close to touch down and i love the way she will bounce and bounce again if you get it at all wrong feels very real!

Love the Fw190 and the 4096 cockpit is one of the best ive been in.

Thanks

Dave, I haven't had enough time on this yet. Had a bumper Christmas period and bought a handful of planes including all of Capt Sim some other bargain ones as well.  Too much really 8)  :D  One thing I can tell you is this , that the first 5 mins will tell me if a plane and me are going to get on. This one one told me in 30 secs. Love it.

Landing the thing by the seat of my pants at the moment . Tried side slipping the plane home but eeerrrmm......doesn't like a lot of that at all.  Lost grip of the air a couple of times .

As Chuck said  -  improvements..increased cockpit textures  -  mine look fine already .... but the big draw is flight dynamics..

Had a visit to their website and they say the later version has  more graphics ,  more systems modelling and  more Flight dynamics

Well, the thing feels like its flying now !!  ... ...should of waited a couple of weeks until the later models were released.  When and if I wear this version out  I will be getting the later version as well.  :)

cheers

I bit more about landing the A9 Alan

Trim set to 0 for take of flaps take off 12.5%

Cruse not max speed i find i need about a setting reading of about nose down trim 7 on the gauge.

I got better view for landing if i set trip for nose up first big line= so 5 I think, There is a masive nose up when droping landing flaps (60%) but with the trim setting I find a get to see the runway for longer before I close my eyes and pry  ;D

Everything in the cockpit seems to work although I like the German true to life it does make everything hard to know whats what.

Like you it was not long before i though "this one is a keeper.

The one big problem i have is taxi'ing OMG once and only once it did diff break how it should do, for the life of me I cannot get it to work again. It just turns a little then Stops and thats it :(

If anyone wants a read/review here you go.....A

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0609/Classics/FW190A.htm

Some Close ups of VC

Posted Image

[img width=1120 height=700]http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/images/classics_hangar/fw190/ch_fw190_040.jpg

[img width=1120 height=700]http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/images/classics_hangar/fw190/ch_fw190_041.jpg

Archived