Can FTX AU Blue Demo install do ANYTHING to other areas of FSX?

cvearl

I have FSX Gold with UTX Canada. I have added Victoria+ FSX, Bella Coola X, Tongass Fjords X and a handfull of simple airport upgrade BGL files. to top it off I have REX 2.0 for the environment. It's seamless and awesome so far.

I enjoy flawless operation of everything and everywhere with High to Ultra settings for the most part. Locked 30 fps at all times except some of the most complex airports or weather conditions.

Will the FTX AU Blue Demo Tasmania effect ANYTHING outside of Tasmania? I am specifically worried about things like textures and objects ouside of the area the demo covers. I don't want the mountains in Bella Coola or Tongass to suddenly look different or have different grass around my airstrips in those areas or the trees to look different around Calgary Alberta/Springbank Airport from what they look like now.

I have had some bad luck with other products putting stuff in that look wrong for these areas. Scenery Tech North America messed up most of my Alberta scenery. I had twin rural areas side by side and things like that. I have had global texture replacement products make a mockery of the efforts of the other scenery designers in some cases by messing up what SHOULD have been where. Victoria+ and even the default San Juan Islands is/are subject to getting hit by global add on components.

I am afraid of suddenly having tree oceans and wierd crap. I do NOT want another reinstall of FSX.

Am I safe installing this demo? 110%?

Charles.

I have FSGenesis Mesh, GEX, UTX, and SceneryTech landclass installed.  I also have the AU demo, and let me tell you, it is a must-have.

FSX Central (The utility that adds the FTX stuff to the Scenery Library) works great.  I turn it to default if I'm flying anywhere outside of Australia, and on when flying around Australia.  I have found ZERO problems doing it like this.

So pull the trigger already. ;)

This stuff is too good to not use.

Yes. Yes it was great. And so far no mess up of my other sceneries. I just turn it off when flying elsewhere.

Only one problem...

Framerate hit at that highly detailed airport whatever it's called. YMLT? Everywhere else I get 30 fps locked. Also everywhere in Tongass I get 30 fps locked and glass smooth.

Look towards, or at that airport and I drop to between 16 fps and 25. :( It get's a little choppy there.

My system is a stock Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz wtih 4GB PC2-6400 RAM. I set up exectly how the documentation said as well.

Damn.

Charles.

Archived