Green texture tiles appearing where camera is

Loadhaul

Hello.

I've witnessed this at a few airports and I want to bring it up after noticing it.

I flew into OJAI airport in Amman where I noticed green textures appearing next to runway 26L, other runway seems to be fine. 

Along with some airports in the UK including Liverpool are experiencing this. 

I'd appreciate if someone could investigate by spawning in OJAI RWY 26L with Global and Vector to see if it happens to them.

-FTX Global

-FTX AU

-FTX Vector

-FTX HD Trees

-FTX OpenLC Europe

Not running any texture meshes apart from the ones listed, etc.

Here are a few screenshots I took, these to shots are either side of the runway and when I move they disappear and load new ones.

Thanks.

2018-6-11_19-15-9-975.jpg

2018-6-11_19-15-37-497.jpg

Hello Loadhaul,

This phenomenon could best be described as "texture peeling" I'm sure Holger Sandmann can confirm this to be the case.
Peeling (grass texture appearing in a circumference around your aircraft as it moves along the runway or taxiway) occurs on many default airfields alongside runways/taxiways because the airfield poly might be complex or large by design, often the only thing you can do to correct this is to create new polys in smaller and less complex shapes. Some users who have the payware pro version of ADE have been able to redraw these polys eliminating the peeling effect.

Hope that helps although probably not the answer you may have wanted.

Regards J

Hello Loadhaul,

Yes it is normal inasmuch as it would occur for all users no matter wether FSX or P3D. 
I have this peeling in the default OJAI airfield alongside 26L using FSX with FTXGlobalBase. I would say it is a by-product of an extremely large complex airfield poly as stated above. It is not a fault with FTXG, Vector, OLC or Orbx textures but rather the original sim design elements. Often an airfield designer will take the overall design elements of the airfield poly into account (simplifying the airfield poly/s) when re-developing a higher quality product for said airfield, thus eliminating the texture peeling often seen at these default locations.

Archived