QANTAS INTERCEPT

COBS

I haven't uploaded it yet , its ready to go , will upload to flightsim website in about 3-4 days time .

It comes with a 46 page flight manual , with about 4 pages dedicated to the radar The radar is a major upgrade

allowing an AI aircraft to be specifically nominated as a target and data pertaining to that particular AI

being displayed on the radar screen as well as the HUD  , thus allowing extremely precise intercepts .

You will see the target AI data at the top of the HUD in two of the shots .

The radar now assumes a dual role , and in my opinion is an awesome instrument .

Cheers

Karol

Right on the money !

I put multiple camera views in my F-111 panel , one of them is Pave Tack , you can swivel it 360 and

up/down and zoom and overlay the HUD and fly it from that position with all flight data in the HUD .

I have the weapons package and in a saved flight have  GBU-24B bombs , with the Pave tack I can

follow them down to impact and detonation . One of the Alphasim models has a Pave Tack pod , the window

can be toggled from stowed to forward looking .

Cheers

Karol

Hi Karol;

I must say that I have enjoyed Your updates that have made Australia's favorite millitary plane worth flying in FSX, Your last update with the Ground mapping radar is excellent. I am wondering if it could be inserted into the existing part were the f16 radar goes, only a suggestion rather than have a pop up panel.

regards

Barry

Hi Barry

Thank you for your comments , you are the first person I have got any feedback from .

Very pleased it works for you .

I'm pretty sure it could be integrated into one of the MFDs , I might try that latter on and upload it

as an optional panel .

The reason that I haven't done that is :

"The reason for the large size , is this instrument would be approximately  6" X 6" in a cockpit panel , however the average computer screen size would halve these dimensions making detail difficult to assimilate , As a Pop Up window that is moveable and can be resized you retain the option to both adjust its size and  place it wherever you wish on the panel to suit your particular requirements ."

Barry , keep an eye out for the new upgrade , should be available in about 3 days time , it will rock your socks off .

it approaches the holy grail of radars ... targeting ,locking up and tracking , a or any specific aircraft .

My next project for this panel is a accurate full implementation of the TFR with look ahead capabilities , have no idea if its possible , but that has never stopped me in the past , I suspect it is possible , should be an absolute buzz trying to get it to work .

TFR goes somthing like:-

From current cruise level -- dive at 10 degrees down to 5000' AGL -- then dive at 12 degrees down to 1,700' AGL

--pull out to level at 1,000' AGL -- then down to TFR clearance plane  ie; say 200' AGL .

Additionally you have hard , medium and soft ride .

The current TFR only measures directly below it and cannot detect a looming cliff , it has no look ahead capability .

Cheers

Karol

Greetings Karol;

Thank You for Your kind words as it is indeed a plesure to fly this plane, they have updated the Mike Stones F111, but I prefer Yours better I cant get out of the cockpit sometimes, were will you be putting Your update as I got the last 2 from simviation?

Regards Barry

Ps I did do a video of it here at http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=14985.0

Hi Barry

Just watched your video , simply stunning , awesome .

The downloads will be at  Simviation ,  Flightsim  and  AVsim .

Tomorrow I get the new Flight Manual made into a PDF , then I can upload , worth getting the

manual , considerable changes and additions , you will love the back page !!!

I also have and fly the Mike Stone/Steve Hess  F-111 , but always come back to the Alphasim F-111,

the model is exeptional considering its age , it was made to low poly counts when computers didn't

have the speed and power that they have today , even so its a superb rendition .

The flight model  , while made for FS2004 or older , is in my opinion the best military fast jet aircraft

available for FSX , flightwise .

I am pleased with my panel , I know of no other that comes near it in relation to providing the pilot

with relevant data  for both fun flying and serious navigational flying . Its not eye candy , but its

definitely a working , flying Swiss Army type tool .

Still lots of upgrades to go to progressively make it more potent .

Again , thank you .

Cheers

Karol

A  slight  Delay .

Due to Xmas / New Year holidays , no one is available to convert the Flight Manual from word to PDF .

Therefore it will be next week before I can upload the Revision 4 package .

I cannot compromise the standard  , I strive to the highest standard that I am capable of .

Sorry.

A Happy New Year to all .

Karol

NOW  AVAILABLE .

F-111  with new and improved radar that includes specific target  'Lock On' .

Intercept data script for nominated target aircraft is displayed on both the Radar screen and the HUD in order to facilitate precise intercepts .

Includes new 48 page Flight Manual .

Also includes new full page flow chart diagram to  make installation clearer .

Available from : Flightsim ,  Simviation  and Avsim .

Download file is :    fxpiggb4.zip

This is Freeware  , it is the latest version of progressive upgrades and enhancements

being made for the F-111  cockpit / panel .

I hope it provides some enjoyment .

Cheers

Karol

PS; I would like to express my appreciation to Dogalog (Barry) for his kind assistance with the PDF for the above package .

Archived