All AI Traffic Gone

rfkicker2000

I've recently purchased FTX Global Base, Vector and OpenLC North America. In addition, I've installed the freeware AI Traffic North America General Aviation product. Up until yesterday, with the FSX Default Traffic tick box unchecked in this product's control panel, I had FSX default AI in addition to the FTX AI provided by this product in the simulator. All of a sudden, all AI has disappeared and the only way I can get anything back is to tick the FSX Default Traffic box. This allows FSX default AI back into the simulator but I don't think the FTX AI is being utilized.

Is there a way to have both coincide again? I'd prefer not to reinstall FSX entirely as this will take several hours and a lot of re-configuring.

Hello rfkicker2000,

Firstly we need to know that you have not installed FS9 traffic files such as those in WOAI packages, as these will prevent any FSX traffic being displayed, if they are present, then a program such as AIFP can convert them to FSX.

For the FTX NA GA AI package......

If you open your  \Scenery\World\Scenery  folder,  and search for  Traffic_FTX NA   
Are there  6   .bgl  files in the search results,  4 should have the  .OFF extension and 2 should not be switched/disabled with .OFF. (as shown on the picture below)
You should have only one option selected in CP reflected in file state, for Traffic_FTX NA GA Traffic   &   only one selected for  Traffic_FTX NA Large Business Jets
Or you can choose to Deactivate both types or only one type in the FTX NA GA AI Control Panel

If you have duplicates for any, or where they are all switched .OFF then you will not see the traffic. 

If you see that you have  NO  .OFF extension on either of these 2  bgl's then that would indicate indeed you have either duplicates or are using the Deactivate option in the Control Panel. 
Traffic_FTX NA GA Traffic Off File.bgl
Traffic_FTX NA Large Business Jets Off File.bgl

Can you take a pic of your Windows File Explorer "search result" similar to mine below for the \Scenery\World\Scenery folder and the FTX NA GA AI Control panel, post them back here, that way we can see which state your NA AI files have been set, then advise what comes next. It should be quite simple to remedy though, without any reinstalls.
1e6c7cfe8dfcbc508e005e096c0859e3.jpg

e6de3289e9add6909ae0224bfcd1f8a7.jpg

Thanks Jeff for your help. Attached is the requested screenshots which look identical or very similar to yours. Note the "FSX Default Traffic" tick box is checked since this is the only way presently that I can get AI aircraft traffic of any kind to show up in FSX. I used AIFP and confirmed I have no FS9 traffic files present. I have not installed nor used WoAI at all.

image.png.6cb473633750a46613832570ccca20c6.png

image.png.79c9c9dde3d17dc477cf2f01f6ae6a72.png

Hi rfkicker2000,

Thanks for those pics & the confirmation about not having FS9 WOAI installed.
It does confirm that your NA GA AI package is installed and the right options are selected.
One thing to remember about the NA package is that it is limited to mostly PNW Region, and a select few airfields with small excursions into NRM Region, with inclusion in the traffic files for those PNW payware airfields which already have their own traffic files (if you had any of these, the NA GA AI installer would disable/.off  upon install in preference to the NA GA AI pack handling the traffic,  models called by FTX NA GA AI traffic & the lovely FTX NA aircraft models in \Simobjects\Airplanes).

Because NA GA AI is limited in scope to the PNW region and part NRM, the recommendation when flying outside PNW is to enable the "FSX Default traffic" (which you have rightly done), unless you have some other Payware AI Traffic utility supplying your AI traffic needs. This will give you all the traffic you need outside the scope of PNW region.

Ok thanks Jeff for your prompt reply. I'll proceed as described and leave FSX Default Traffic checked since I fly mostly in the northeast and own no other ORBX regions (just the FTX global, base and vector products) or any payware AI traffic products.

Archived