Software Advice/opinion...

Blitzer

Hi,

I just purchased O&O Defrag 12 Pro having tried the trial version and being pleased with it. When I purchased the full version they were doing a promotion and were giving CleverCache 7 away free with Defrag. No, I'm not really one of those people who beleive in having software running that it supposedly going to make your PC perform better blah blah blah, but was all the same wondering if anyone had any experience of CleverCache and therefore if it's worth using as a possible benefit to the running of FSX?

Here's the description of the software as per their website...

"Even with the latest hardware, the processing of digital pictures, videos, or computer games can often lead to longer answering times or "frozen" programs. In fact, it’s often not the lack of main memory capacity that’s at fault, but the file cache management of your Windows operating system. O&O CleverCache makes sure that the file cache is reset while the computer’s running: something that otherwise usually requires a restart of the computer. O&O CleverCache will let you will continuously maintain maximum levels of performance on your computer!"

Sounds feasible that it might do some good, but I don't like installing stuff just for the hell of it particuarly when it will mean another process running in the background taking up processor time. Any experience of the product or suggestions?  :-\

Archived