Libraries not working

TonyTricker

Hi, i have tried to avoid asking this question and find an existing solution on here but can't seem to resolve the problem... 

Installed both the ORBX England pack and the ORBX Libraries, seemingly successfully as are showing up within FSX, but they are not loading at all, just the default textures still. 

I have played around with the location/order of the FSX entries shown in the scenery section of FSX itself, at the moment I have the libraries on top and England next then all the defaults follow. 

Did try moving the Add Ons folder up above England but still no luck. 

Thanks so much for any help you can give!! 

Hi Tony,

Is there no scenery.cfg error when you start FSX?

I have the OrbX library folder below all other OrbX/FTX addons but I don't think it really matters... There should be four separate entries for FTX England in your FSX scenery library as follows...

FTX_EU_ENG_SCENERY

FTX_EU_ENG_CVX

FTX_EU_ENG_MESH

FTX_EU_ENG_CUSTOM

Each one represents a scenery folder, if you double click on them it should open the correct folder location, have you tried that?

Ah, that certainly seems like something is not right. Pointing to totally the wrong location when I double click the LIBS option. 

Have found where it should be pointing to within FSX ORBX folder but can't seem to work out how to make it save to read from that directory....? 

When you double click on the entries in the FSX scenery library you can navigate to the correct location and click on save. FSX is a bit odd when doing this, the folder you have selected will simply open when you click on save, you need to then right click on a blank white area of the folder in the save dialogue and it will then save that location, afterwards if you then double click again on the FSX scenery library entry you have just edited it will open the correct location if all has gone well... Sounds complicated but it isn't really, it's just an oddity of FSX.

Regarding the scenery.cfg, there can be several of these on your system, some of them will be default versions, the one which your FSX installation uses should be located at...

C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.CFG

Archived