FRAPS on a 5870 slow!!

steve31000

I have started making FSX videos using Fraps but when I do so I loose up to 40 frames per second and more. The odd thing is that my frame rate always drops to about 18fps no matter whether it was at 70 or 28 (I ussually lock my fps).

Following a liitle research I found another couple of people who have this problem. On one forum that person said they resolved it by using the 9.11 driver and then they suddenly got a solid 60fps! I am using this driver but I still only get 18fps or so. I am using the latest fraps 3.0.

Does anybody with a 5000 or 4000 series card (or anybody with any knowledge of fraps) have the same problem or knows how to resolve this? I have set my options in Fraps from the most basic (and I would imagine the least CPU intensive to what I normally use and there is absolutely no difference). I am also using a i7 @ 4ghz with 6gb ram so I can't see the CPU being the limiting factor. If it is a driver issue it is strange that someone else found that the same driver we both use fixed it for him but not for me.

This is the only thing that really bothers me about the 5870 so far but is pretty annoying. ???

Cheers

Steve

Archived