Running FSX along with a small 7inch Touchscreen (NON-WINDOWED)?

VOZzer

Hello there!

This topic is a question that's been dwelling in my mind for awhile now. Basically, I wish to run FSX in fullscreen on a 17inch HD monitor (which I have), but also with a small 7inch touchscreen monitor that will contain the CDU, so it's sort've a touchscreen CDU if you will.

However, I've heard that this can only be achieved in FSX Windowed mode. Is there any way to get around this? If you suggest DualHead2Go, then it's a tad out of my budget (DH2G + Touchscreen).

Anyway, can I run this little touchscreen CDU on FSX in full-screen?

Cheers,

Jack

You could do it in XP, but not in Vista or Win7 because MS removed the "horizontal span" facilty in Vista for some reason.

But why would you want to run in fullscreen anyway with such a disparity of sizes, or do you mean fullscreen only on the 17inch? Nothing wrong with windowed mode anyway. Move the task bar to the other monitor, press Alt to hide the FSX menu and it's not much different.

I don't know how you manage with a 17inch screen though. I have dual 22s and it still feels small. I'm not that keen on going TH2GO because I don't like the "letterbox" look. I'm hanging out for large monitors to come down in price.

Greg

Archived