Just got FTX global, vector, and North America.. night lighting question?

DarkRider2k3

So I just recently purchased (during the august sale) Global, Vector, and North America FTX (have already had trees). My question has to do with the night lighting and p3d V4:

1. It seems at higher altitudes I don't see much night lighting. I have most of my settings pretty high, but am I missing something? I noticed as I descended down below FL240 I started to see a lot of lighting.

2. Once I can see the lighting, it seems like it appears in sections at a time. Like... a part of the city will be lit, then out of no where another section.. you can have sections of the city all lit and other sections that are dark.. and they'll just magically all appear lit.. and it's not a subtle change... it's like going into a room and turning the light on.. very sudden and the area is right in front my aircraft.. I'm just about to fly over it when the lights "turn on".

Any advice or help would be appreciated. It's the only thing bugging me with the scenery, as it's a HUGE game changer... I only regret not getting it any sooner!!! haha.

Archived