Missing Texture Block - Rio de Janeiro

Brunog

Hello everyone,

Wondering if anyone can help me with a strange issue with Rio de Janeiro (only place I've looked at so far).

Have a fresh install on P3D v4 with no other add-on's, tested and working. Purchased Global, Vector and South America LC as well as a few other items during this great sale :) Have installed only Global and Vector along with the latest Library for P3D v4 via FTX Central v3.2.2.1 with no issues. However have noticed the following issue with Rio de Janeiro where a block of textures seem to be missing:

nH934Tu.jpg

UhNIS8P.jpg

2TLyn4z.jpg

Have uninstalled completely P3D v4 along with all folders associated a number of times now too no avail, problem persists. Note I have also installed SA LC and the problem is still there and the reason I noticed in the first place, but seems issue is with Global or Vector maybe.

Please help, tearing what little hair I have left out.

I just had a look and the same area in mine is very sharp (photorealistic) but it definitely doesn't line up well at the boundary likes yours also. I'm not sure why your same area isn't sharp like mine though.  

Thanks for checking. Are you using SA LC? The pictures shown are without it, that could be the difference in sharpness.

When I had SA LC installed though it was sharper ( I think), but like you the boarder was still there if not as aobvious. However the texture was not the correct SA LC mesh, but still the original texture as in pictures. The beach area is a good give away as well as the hills.

Really not sure what's going on having uninstalled and reinstalled quite a few time now.

At last I seem to have got to a solution. It seems to have solved the boundary line up not being correct also, looking so much better. :)

This is still only using Global and Vector, no SA LC.

6Jpuit9.jpg

So after much tearing of hair out I noticed Rio de Janeiro is one of the default cities in the library, decided to disable and well you can see the result above.

AcGo1Jr.jpg

So the only questions that remain:

1) What are the consequences of disabling Rio de Janeiro in the library (anything that will be missing that's needed by Orbx for example)  

2) More importantly why do we not do that on all default cities when its replaced by Orbx

3) Any reasons not to do this.

It may be an impression, but the textures seemed to have less pop in! Need do further testing on this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm sure everyone's fed up with this topic by now, but it might prove useful to others.

Okay, on further inspection there is still a slight issue going on. The texture is still slighty blurry as you can see from the picture. Now its no issue from FL300, but if you are a helicopter person...

WqIFWFN.jpg

You will see that it also affects the water.

Will try SA LC installed next and see what effect that has.

Hi there,

Thank you for the update. I have SA LC installed but am now away for a few days and can't check it. I'll revisit it when I get back.

Hopefully you'll get it sorted before then though.

Cheers

Archived