XFX 5870

Guest boeingqa

Yep, I own one of this Card. The XFX HD 5870.

That's the first video at Manhattan. The Quality is not great but you can see how this card will run FSX. I get about 10-15 FPS more then with my GTX285.

The AA is not as good as it is with the GTX285, but it is not bad. Of cores you can activate AA Super Sampling for the 5870 but then the FPS drops.

I'm simming now about 12 hours with this card and I love it! For me it was the right choice!

Will do some more videos and with better quality at tamworth.

Guest boeingqa

Yes please, when u do newyork or say london heathrow frames will drop.

But will love to see tamworth, also remember if u use fraps your frames will drop.

Paul

I own the card too....well sort off. Had it delivered two days ago with a new system and had to send it back as the system wouldn't boot. Should be back with me fixed in the next 5 days. I will let you know how I get on with it and fsx. A request for crash.....please (if you have time) upload a fraps version of NYC. Your video above looks great, it'd be great to see it clearer ;) Can't wait to try my 5870 with PNA scenery!

Wow nice vid also. Looks really great.

I hope that I can effort next year a new rig. How the heck you get the i7 upto 4,5ghz? Watercooled or with fans? I found that most people have it only at 4ghz (myself I fly with an old q6600@3,2 :-( )

Wow nice vid also. Looks really great.

I hope that I can effort next year a new rig. How the heck you get the i7 upto 4,5ghz? Watercooled or with fans? I found that most people have it only at 4ghz (myself I fly with an old q6600@3,2 :-( )

Hi,

Yes, watercooling and luck to get a good CPU.

• 1 month later...

waiting on my new stuff to arrive and it has 5850 in it, can let you know in about a week and a half about the younger brother of it

Hello Jason

Have you had a chance to try FSX and FTX products using the 5850 yet?  I've ordered both the 5850 and the 5870, the 5850 is now in but I'm debating whether to hold-off and wait for the 5870 to come in, but at the risk of it not arriving by Christmas. 

If you have I would really appreciate hearing your comments on how the 5850 runs FSX and FTX products.

Thanks

Jason

Archived