Orbx 2017 Roadmap?

badapple

I'll be one of the first people to extend my gratitude for the work at Orbx.  In my opinion, the best there is to offer in scenery. I can say that since I have been around flight sim since FS 5 I think it was?  I mean all we had was read and green textures with a small gray strip to represent the landing strip. No AI, no mesh, no LC just nothing so to speak.  And my my how it has evolved.

Reading up on the 2017 Roadmap I find it to be very interesting to see what is to come. However, I am very disappointed that with most of the western United States already taken care of by Orbx FTX except for Utah and Arizona.  There are so many things that Orbx could do with just Arizona.  Grand Canyon area, Phoenix itself. Sky Harbour airport is the 5th or 6th busiest airports in the country and its avoided. The competitors try but only with photo real imagery. Thats not real.  Cactus, the White Mountains, too many things that should be on the list of things to do for Orbx.  I mean Arizona is one of the vacation spots in the world...........  

So why not do Arizona or the southern Rockies which would include parts of Arizona.  Ah!  Not to mention Albuquerque. White sands.  Utah's mountains, Great Salt Lake area to include Bonneville flats.  So much scenery to include for our simulators.

I would hope to see this area before I make my final flight sometime in the next 20 years.

A reply from Orbx would be appreciated.

I would have thought the simple answer here is that the world is a very very big place, and you can't be all things to all people...... Currently there are 7 regions for NA and approximately 50 airports, 7 regions for Europe with approximately 17 airports, 3 regions for Oceania with approximately 24 airports; not to mention the larger global packs such as global base, vectors, land classes, Papua New Guinea, and as I understand it, some new region packs currently in development.

Orbx is an Australian company that grew out of a project for mapping Australia (VOZ), so naturally seeing as I live in Western Australia, and I get the chance to fly around this beautiful state, I'd personally love to see the Australia region brought up to date as its now the oldest in their range, and not as high quality as the American, European or Global regions currently available. 

We have benefited so much from their work in the last 10 yrs of our hobby, so who knows moving forward we might both get our wishes :)

I agree Australia needs an upgrade.  I fly on a server that is in Australia and do a lot of hoplit stuff.  Thanks to ORBX is has all been worth the time.

And wouldn't that be something if we did both get our wish.

touche ! ! ! !

Archived