Kern Valley - big thank you, very tiny "but"

johnfromoz

I've just taken my first looks at Kern Valley. I wish I had 1/10 of Jordan's skills!
I walked the field with Bob (who seems to have an airside pass to every airport), then looked at it from the air. Bob and I must walk into town some time, there's plenty to see along the road!

The view of the hills from the ground reminded me very much of the Flinders Ranges in South Australia. So much so I almost got hay fever from the yellow flowers. Absolutely superb - and then we find that beautiful lake!

Okay, but ... small ones, I promise. I have a hovering mechanic near the twin parked by the hangar. I have up-to-date libraries and all. I've spotted a hovering mechanic in another scenery, forgot which, so maybe it's me. If it's not me, well, it's a hovering mechanic!

Kern1-2017-7-17.jpg

And another small one. In the valley east of the middle of the runway I spotted what I would have taken for a clearway for power pylons, but without pylons. It also crosses the watercourses, and has a bit of highway texture in it. You can see it to right of my aircraft, crossing below it.

Kern2-2017-7-17.jpg

Neither is a deal-killer. There's a whole area of perfection and I'm nit picking, but if anyone else has the same thing happening it may be worth checking out.
Really, I'm glad I got out of bed and looked at my FTX Central for updates! Thanks Jordan!

Thank you John for pointing those out. I don't own the scenery yet but while watching the AirdailyX video about L05 I spotted those two things as well.

Jordan, you did a very nice job with that airport! I just would like to nitpick at two other details:

-The orange cone that is laying on the ground at the airport, the black base is not textured properly and create transparencies.

-The size/proportion of the cars are a little hit and miss next to the humans and also they obviously don't know how to park properly (or the parking stall lines are not in proportions). 

Archived