What about a flyin?

martinc

Hiya folks,

Heres one to toss about. How about some flyins using the server and TS if you've got it. We could model them on real flyins, make them just a social exercise, or we could set up some navex's and put our eyeball flying to the test.

Any opinions, takers...thoughts...

Sounds fun.  I hosted one last year at FS9 VOZ Canungra with bunting and a mini Red Bull course.

Yesterday we had up to 13 on a Gamespy server and today 3 of us flew Tumby Bay to Yalata Mission via Cummins, Cape Radstock, Streaky Bay, Ceduna, Penong and Nundroo.

I ran FSInn (Wolter's sever) and hosted a Gamespy server.  This meant Hutchie who was on Gamespy coould see both me and Jack, Jack (on FSInn) could only see me and I could, of course, see both.  The multiple server types is how we get around the problems many have with various MP connection programs - I can use them all.  Hutchie flew formation with me most of the way as Gamespy is superbly smooth.  We followed Roads, Coastlines, NDBs and plain old Compass Headings with allowance for the 24knot Easterly according to what was most suitable for each leg.  Had to refuel at Ceduna and will continue the trip in the next couple of days to span the Nullarbor.

Archived