simming for years but this is my first screenshot!!

ricky76

Hello all, I am still learning the screen shot world and need to figure out the size settings. Here is one that might be a bit small, and that is because I snapped it while running my sim at 1920x1080 on a 46" lcd. I had to shrink it to be able to upload it.

http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1255718699.bmp

I know there is no ftx scenery involved here but it is my first screenshot in 20 years of simming so please be gentle ;)

PS thanks REX 2.0 for the clouds!!!

Beautiful capture  8) ! My first one was much much worse  :D

A little tip - the task bar and red info bar are a bit distracting in a screen shot. Just press alt until it's gone (and shift+z for the info text).

Thank you Heiko!! I noticed the task bar as well and have since figured out how to get rid of it! I hope to post some more beauties like this in the future. I have a ton of shots over tammworth,cessnock and hervey bay so Once I figure out how to size them to fit the forum I will post them as well. I apreciate the advice and look forward to posting some potential desktop backgrounds!! ;)

Also , preview button helps me alot ( thanks Javo) to see what the final works looks like before you unleash it !

Great tip alan! Thanks! My dad used to do all the tech stuff for me, and he is no longer with us, so I am trying to learn this all on my own (with the help of all of you great people). Stay tuned for some more beauties!!  ;D

Ricky,

If you are gonna use the "fantastic" Voz Image Hosting to upload shots, they'll need to be no more than 1.2Mb in size.

Mine are all 1200 pixels wide by whatever and they end up about 1.15mb or so, just right for Voz.

Hope this is of some use to you and by the way, that's a smasher of a first shot, mate.

Frank

Awesome shot mate for a first go, that is for sure

@frank glad you like the Image Service, I noticed the other day that the server is hosting almost 700,000 images now lol I had never expected that back in the day that I first put it up :)

Hey guys, Thanks for the tips!! I have a whole bunch of great shots over FTX scenery. As I learn how to manipulate the shots I will post some more. Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

Cheers, Rick

That's a very good first shot! Keep 'em coming!

Another tip ... whilst an uncompressed bmp will have no distortion/ colour compression artefacts - a minimally compressed jpg is almost as good, and generally a fraction of the size.

And if you want the best of both worlds: use the PNG format. It uses lossless compression. The picture quality of a an umcompressed BMP but much smaller in filesize, although not a small as a JPG. ;)

Archived