PAYA Runway 29 marking issue

Would anyone be able to suggest what might be causing the “9” in runway 29 to appear incorrectly as seen in these photos?

I purchased PAYA (version 1.25) yesterday and installed though FTX Central 3.  I am also running FTX Global, Vectors, openLC North America and Southern Alaska.  Scan of my FSX directory for PAYA shows only Orbx related files.  Simple Airport Scanner shows 2 files:

…FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAYA\scenery\Orbx_PAYA_APX.bgl

…FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_SAK_PAYA.BGL

The rest of the scenery looks great.  It is just this one runway number that appears out of sorts.

Grateful for any ideas on how to correct it.

Graham

PAYA Rwy 29-1.jpg

PAYA Rwy 29-2.jpg

Hi Graham,

You have bested myself and all of our testers in this one :)

What you are seeing is an artifact leftover from a previous version, when updating to version 1.25 I rebuilt the ground polygon for better look and performance, and left a stray textured polygon in place.

Attached are two hotfix files, one for FSX and one for Prepar3D 2.x+

Orbx_PAYA_GP_hotfix_FSX.zip

Orbx_PAYA_GP_hotfix_P3D.zip

Navigate to ...\[Simulator]\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAYA\Scenery, and locate "Orbx_PAYA_GP.BGL" or "Orbx_PAYA_GP_fsx.BGL", rename the file extension to .off or move it to another folder to back up. Unzip the hotfix folder for your simulator and drop the BGL file inside into the \Scenery folder and then check in the sim to make sure it is visually ok. This will also be pushed out in FTX Central at a later point.

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your quick reply, explanation and clear instructions on the hotfix.

I can certainly see a difference but am afraid it may have introduced some other issues-- grey line extending down both runways and some other grey areas near the runway intersection.

The screenshots show what I am seeing in FSX at the moment.

Since we share the same time zone and it is Saturday night, please take your time and enjoy the evening.

PAYA 1.jpg

PAYA 2.jpg

Hi Graham,

It looks like the ground polygon is not displaying, that is the photoreal imagery and APX file showing underneath. I just checked and it looked like when I exported the FSX and P3D versions of the ground polygon, the FSX one encountered an error and the compiler created an empty file.

For now, restore the original file and I'll upload a revised hotfix in a bit.

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your hard work on this.  The runway marking is now corrected.

I did come across another spot that appears out of sorts.  It is the taxiway A between the apron and runway 11-29.

Perhaps this is just something to do with my system.  Or is it possible a texture is missing?

PAYA Taxiway A1.jpg

PAYA Taxiway A2.jpg

All appears fine now.

Searching for possible interference, I unchecked FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY in the scenery library and the issue was gone.

When I re-enabled, the issue was still gone  Please consider this matter "resolved".

Alex, I really appreciate your patience and good guidance.  You and the Orbx team are awesome in both your products and customer service!

Thank you kindly,

Graham

On 5/22/2017 at 5:12 AM, Graham McNicol said:

All appears fine now.

Searching for possible interference, I unchecked FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY in the scenery library and the issue was gone.

When I re-enabled, the issue was still gone  Please consider this matter "resolved".

Alex, I really appreciate your patience and good guidance.  You and the Orbx team are awesome in both your products and customer service!

Thank you kindly,

Graham

Upon further checking, I found the anomaly is caused by 3rd party mesh, not the Southern Alaska scenery.  Deactivating the 3rd party mesh for the region fixed the issue.

Just wish to clarify. 

Yes, you should use the hotfix file that Alex provided to correct the runway 29 marking.

There was another anomaly I was seeing with the taxiway.  This was caused by the 3rd party mesh.

If you are only using Orbx, then you are probably fine.

3 hours ago, deepstar said:

Hi

So that new file is not needed ? I dont have the original file.

Yes, use the hotfix I have uploaded in this thread to fix the runway markings issue.

4 hours ago, Graham McNicol said:

Upon further checking, I found the anomaly is caused by 3rd party mesh, not the Southern Alaska scenery.  Deactivating the 3rd party mesh for the region fixed the issue.

Just wish to clarify. 

Thanks for the update and finding the root cause, I believe I can update the airport flatten to resolve this so you don't have to disable your 3rd party mesh, I'll see that it goes in the same hotfix update.

• 1 month later...

Archived