Downloading and installation FTX Global Base Pack

Acal

Last week I purchased and downloaded FTX Global Base Pack. Since downloading via FTX Central did not work (no response when clicking on the respective button), I had to use the manual download option. After approximately 4 hours 4106032 KB were in the download folder of my PC (no interruption during downloading process). I then unpacked the file to a separate Folder using the 7Zip software. However, when opening that folder only Zip files were shown and no exe file. I repeated the proces several times with the same result.

Has anybody an idea what went wrong and how the problem can be solved.

I have Windows 10, home edition, 64 bit installed on my PC.

Thanks

Acal

Hi John

I installed the FTX Global Base Pack via FTX Central applying the following steps:

1. FTX Central

2. FTX Global Base Pack

3. Installation Options

4. Install from my manually downloaded zip

5. Location oft the downloaded zip file (single zip file in the download folder)

6. Install product

After a while I got the confirmation that the product was sucessfully installed. However, during the installation process I was not asked to confirm the loacation of the Flight Simulator nor did I have to enter the Transaction ID. This puzzled me and made me suspicious. On checking the Scenery Library in the Flight Simulator I noticed that no FTX files are shown. The library looks the same as before the installation of the FTX Global Base Pack. I then made some flights in different regions of the US and could not see any difference to the default scenery. So I think that the product has not been properly installed.

Either I missed a step in the installation procedure or something is wrong with my system, which I cannot believe, because the PC is new. I purchased the machine 2 months ago. Furthermore, I have not installed any add-on scenery, apart from the FS Global Ultimate Next Genereration mesh.

Archived