Mustang

alan2

Yeah I know, Archie and some others wanted some comments on this ...thats still happening , soon. In the mean time here's some pics. I haven't flown anything else since I got it . It's got some faults ,but , mate , FLY- it does and charactor it has. There's been some serious work put in but strangely with some glaring omissions. This bird is going to be loved by me for a long time yet.   Best Merlin sound , awesome, crackling and popping on idle .......

Posted Image

Posted Image  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey T.G. your credit card will do more than itch..it will positively scream mate. This will cost you about 45GBP. Get this bargain at  Warbirdsim. com.

Feel free to feel ripped off for the first 3 days, until it works its magic on you, then you'll realise what a great model this thing it is. Haven't flown anything else since I've got and I'm about to take another flight. ....

Thanks guys,

Jankees thanks for your paints, all of them.

O.K. The A2A is cheap at $20 or so , Good model and a bargain. The warbird is right up on the high end and expensive, but is a better model. Probably a bit overpriced.

Compared to each other ( I have both) with the Warbird it has better modelling on airframe - It looks so much better. The cockpit is more comfortable and everything seems more accessible., by which I mean that I feel cramped in the A2A.

The sound is so much better in the Warbird. At altitude the effects of prop, mixture , throttle are reflected in the sound. Im just getting used to the sound to the piont where I trim the quadrant by listening to the engine tone. Ive noticed the change in  prop pitch can effect the trim.

The flight modeling is better. Take it from me as a poor pilot on landing, I'll get the A2A down ok but maybe not the warbird. At times when you look out at the wing tip and see those nice immersive tip movements , Ive swopped aircraft to find the A2A a bit more wooden .

Basically , I find the Warbird a much better immersive experience and a real pleasure to look at and fly. There is no doubt that the A2A is a good model and  real bargain

The only thing about both models is neither model the supercharger, which for the price of the Warbird is a letdown

Also, the Warbird has animated trim tabs.

Posted Image

Cheers

Archived