How Many Cpu`s?

Guest boeingqa

Guest boeingqa

Guys l was just wondering... when l clicked ctrl alt and del it brings up task manager then l click on processes, on fsx l right click and click on set affinity, all l see is for my i7 920

cpu 0

cpu 1

cpu 2

cpu 3

is this right?

And on another note, l was for the time being looking at stripping down my videocard and replacing the thermal paste with a higher end paste or a better cooler

l have a gtx 285 2 gig.

Sorry guys also l need to find out, l`m using windows 7 beta 7100.. do you guys recon the final version or another beta had better performance or will? l`m trying to keep my processes down to a min.

Thanks guys

Paul

Guest boeingqa

Hi guys l`ve changed the thermal paste on my videocard, cleaned it up a little. Just wondering on my other questions anyone??

Thx

Paul

I wouldn't be pulling the GTX apart as many of these Video cards are actually bonded and should NOT be disassembled. As for Thermal paste, the company has spent a lot on R&D and the paste used is sufficient and replacing it with something may well invalidate your warrantee or actually be detrimental to the overall performance.

I'd be makeing sure you have GOOD volume of clean cool air bot around and into the case, before I mucked around with anything.

Getting processes down to a minimum will make absolutely no difference BUT what is actually running, when it does and how much this bites into the CPU cycle time however will.

The final release or RTM (Release to Manufacture) Version will undoubted ly be a better performer than the RC's or Beta simply to the many additions and improvements.

Archived