HELP FSX Freezing with new GTX295

aviator49

Hello,

I have recently upgraded my GPU from a Nvidia GTX260, to a GTX295. After installing the GTX295, I proceded to download the latest drivers from Nvidia(190.62 being the latest) as per there web site. Everything was working fine until I fired up FSX to check out my new card and also to check out Avalon air Show, I got about 4 mins into the game and everything just froze. Nothing at all. The only way i was able to reboot was to hit the reset button to reboot my computer. I did not have the function of the keyboard or nothing. Not even crtl-alt-del.

Computer specs as follows if this helps:

case - Antec Nine hundred Gaming Case

motherboard - gigabyte M750SLI-DS4 AM2+

cpu - AMD Phenom AM3 X4 810

GPU - Palit Nvidia Geforce GTX295

ram - 8GB Corsair DDR2 8500 Dominator

power - Gigabyte 800watt Odin Pro ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V

HDD - 2 X 1TB Samsung HDD 7200rpm

DVD - Lite-on DVD/RW 22X

*Note that when the GTX 260 was installed, it worked fine.

I have treid numerous drivers as per the forums and Nvidia, but to no avail. If someone can help or give me some advice, I would appreciate it. 2 days with out flying is insane.

Thanks

Bought a GTX295, plugged it in, ran FSX and updated the drivers to 190 and no probs. It's true, both FSX, Vista are strange beasts but I've had no probs like that, mate.

I would defer to those more qualified, but as Alain said, I wouldn't think it's anything to do with your Nvidia drivers or your card.

Frank

Well ... Vista can be a funny aggravating beast that's for sure ... all i did was to remove my GTX280 to install an Arctic Cooler on it and behold ... whence i reinstalled it my HDD's would not recognize, my USB peripherals were cause CTD's ... all in all a nightmare!!!

Finally got it working when a Google revealed that Vista does not like physical change .... all going good now but what a drama ...

Hi Aviator 49,

It sounds a bit like the problem I had last week. Sue helped set me straight.

When you replaced your drivers several times, did you un-install the old ones first?

If you didn't follow Sues' advice to me here.

"You need a little tool called Driver Cleaner. It sounds as if you are not uninstalling one driver, rebooting, then installing the new driver. Just installing a new driver on top of the old will always cause problems. If you didn't go into control panel and uninstall the driver, you have several installed by now. If you get a new computer, and do the same thing, you will have the same problem. It's not an Acceleration Pack problem, nor a "computer" problem. It's operator error.

Sue"

Cheers

Hank

Archived