For DJJose .. YWVA and KLGA comparison thread....

Jay Kae

I don't know what to do or say else anymore really, as I said I have not really done anything to my system to make it perform the way it does, maybe the SSD is the difference? I don't know, maybe the W7U64 I don't know, until I would havea  drop in performance and would start digging I guess I never would find out

Just a thought Jay, what are your memory speeds/timings as this is the obvious week spot for Skulltrail. Using the Lavalys Everest program I have mine reported as:

@ 320 MHz 4-4-4-15  (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 18-34-3-5-3-3  (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)

@ 400 MHz 5-5-5-18  (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 22-42-3-6-3-3  (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)

I run at 400Mhz and can reliably run at that speed using 4-4-4-15.

Motherboard are like CPU you can test 100 i7 920... one will overclock up to 4.5GHz like a breeze when others will struggle to hit 3.8GHz, that's the same with all hardware so JayKae's hardware may all be one of a kind that's like hitting the jackpot....

I feel the same way as JayKae, my Q9650 is at 4.32GHz (on air), my mobo is rock solid and on the top of it I can set my Ram G.Skill 1200MHz at 5-4-4-12...(stock setting 5-5-5-15).....now that's one of a kind timing for 1200MHz when others can barely run them at stock speed with a stock CPU...

There is so many thing to look for with FSX, take my system for exemple, FSX will always run better with 2 x 2GB of DDR2 memory and not as good with 4 x 2GB of DDR2.....tighter timing will always be better (no matter what rams DDR2 or DDR3), FSX with do better on his own hard drive, faster CPU = better flying experience, the fastest GPU = core clock + shader clock and memory clock, is the PSU up to the task.....how cold is your system......how did you installed FSX and all addons....eSATA cable at $24.99 or eSATA cable at $1.99 each...we can talk about FSX all day long without touching the tweaking part of it.....

100 systems built the same exact way with 100 different result.......

Archived