Traffic X AI not appearing after installing ORBX products

flybywire

After installing ORBX global & England my installed 'Traffic X' is showing virtually no traffic at major airports such as Heathrow or Dubai for example. Occasionally just one aircraft might appear and if I use the drop-down 'view' facility I might see just the occasional aircraft flying 'en-route' ( yes... traffic amount slider makes no difference and I do wait for traffic to build up )........... ORBX AI for New Zealand and Australia and G.A for North America is working just fine, but the rest of the world's major airports are devoid of aircraft ( except ORBX parked static aircraft)  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I have very little understanding of how to search FSX or ORBX software to change files, etc so would appreciate any explanation to be as basic as possible. I have searched the forum for answers but must admit I found some of the file names and fixes, etc, very difficult to understand.  My installed FSX has all the service packs and my OS is Windows 10. Traffic X worked perfectly before installing ORBX products........'Just Flight' support have advised I seek a resolution from ORBX as apparently they find this a very common problem after customers install ORBX products.

If you deactivate orbx in the scenery library, does the traffic return to Heathrow as an example? It's always worth going non-orbx to see if the problem persists or not.

Just retick the orbx boxes to get the scenery back again.

If default works for you, is there some feature on Traffic X to rebuild the database after installing new scenery? If there is, then make sure Orbx is reactivated in the library before running it.

Do you have payware airports for the ones you mention, or just Orbx or default? Duplicate airport files can cause issues, though normally it is too much traffic parked ontop of eachother.

I don't use orbx airports or traffic x but just tried Orbx England Heathrow and it is full of traffic using World of AI stuff.

Many thanks for that...I will give your suggestions a try. Yes, I have payware on Heathrow and Manchester for example. When I installed ORBX England , I lost the U.K traffic, but had traffic for the rest of world ( ordinary FSX)  Now I have installed ORBX global I have lost traffic to all airports around the world with the exception of Australia and New Zealand where I have installed ORBX freeware airline traffic ( which is excellent). ORBX free GA traffic also works in North America. Again many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

• 2 years later...

Archived