Ground Textures Overlay

A38011

Can Anybody tell me why my Ground textures look so strange. It looks like Orbx Textures overlay the default textures? I have ORBX base, Vector and Open LC europe installed aswell as FreeMeshX

Ordernumber: FSS0318332/ FSS0524632

Purchased via Flightsimstore

2017-1-13_11-48-46-921.jpeg

2017-1-13_11-48-1-67.jpeg

Winter seems to have bought us snow watchers out. After years of using default and seeing snow with dusty edges, I was confused at first at what Orbx displayed, not having done a winter season with it before.

Ground textures use mask files to cut them off where they border another land class of texture. The Orbx masks are very sharp to cut accurately around field edges. Looks good at all times except when the snow comes. The transition from white hard winter textures to coloured mild winter textures looks very abrubt.

You will get a mix of snow and no snow textures depending where the developer has drawn the line to tell FSX where each season is for each month.

I have notcied too that Orbx use polygons of land textures to more accurately place areas like heathland and forests. The polygons have no masking at the edges so cut off abrutly.

Basically there is nothing wrong with your setup, it is just the way Orbx is when the snow comes.

Archived