FSX freezes when touching down at Cairns rwy15

Alkalino

Hi,

I guess (but I'm not sure) it began happening when I installed FTX Global. Before that, I had the Australia regions and NZ installed, and I don't remember having any problem.

What it happens now (at least with the PMDG 737 ngx) is that the system freezes completely just when the wheels are about to touchdown in runway 15. I'm a bit confused about it, and would of course love to solve it. It's a pity to have such issue, particularly in such a lovely scenery...

Have a nice day,

Hello Alkalino,

I have a similar Orbx setup AU NZSI NZNI and FTXGlobal base running in FSX / DX9. I have tested the Cairns YBCS runway 15 scenario but did not experience lockup or freeze. I don't have PMDG NGX 737 but tested Rwy 15 landing with a JF Boeing757, both from VC and Spot view just to amp up the sim load, no freeze.

There would not be any particular reason for FTXGlobal base to impact YBCS Cairns where you would naturally be loading FTX AU Region and  FTX YBCS Cairns Int'l Airport. I wonder if it could be the high detail aircraft you are landing.

Do you experience the freeze at touchdown over the bars each landing, (is it persistent/repeatable for every landing). Is your Simulator running low on resources on touchdown is it during the Day or Night or at Dawn and Dusk. Have you tested in a default 737 aircraft (with less detail or slower landing speed in a default Cessna 172). High levels of AI aircraft pushing back from the gates can also cause freeze or stutter.

If it only happens intermittently I also wonder if you are have another process ie; weather update or background external process like AV choosing that moment to refresh or draw tasking focus.  

Archived