Recent spammers and some security news...

Jay Kae

Due to the fact that this week we had two spammers on the forums who actually got around the anti-bot protection by actually being human beings filling things out, I have hightened security a notch again, any suspect account will now be by administrator approval (read: John and myself ) only. I apologise in advance if this slows down user registrations for some people with email accounts of the likes of gmail and hotmail but it is a necessary step because if there is two things I hate on forums it is a) Spammers B) Google AdWords ;)

nice one Jay, I only have a hotmail account but you all know me here so thats ok but I still get spam to in fact the other day i got one that nearly sucked me in but for the fact I had no idea who the names of the people were so I trashed it quickly.

yep as everyone else has said couldnt agree more xD

Speaking of hotmail, Iv got a little issue. Mmm how to put this simply. Basically Iv got two accounts on these forums under Virginpilot1 and qantaspilot1. Now i created qantaspilot first and forgot the password and the 'forgot pw' app wasnt working and still doesnt (for that account) so i created a new account. However in doing that my 'good' email was linked to qantaspilot so as a result my 'non checked' hotmail is unfortunatly linked to this account. Anyway so my question is Jay would you mind deleting the old account? Or even the email within the qantaspilot1 account as I cant get into it??

Sorry to be a pain

Thanks.

Alex

Archived