Installation of FTX Norway

Colas

Hello,

I've recently purchased P3D and I want to install FTX Norway (order number in signature).

Though, I'm not able to download the file in my orbx account, it's only possible to download it through FTX central V3, but I'm currently using V2 (No connection for my flight simulation computer)

I downloaded zip file but was not able to manually install it in FTX V2. Seems to be only for V3 ?

Should I post in the FTX central V2 section ?

Thanks for the feedback.

No I don't have anymore the installer of FSS.

And V3 can run on a non-connected computer ? going to test, but clearly written "internet connection required".

Going to test also on my laptop, but I don't know if it works with no P3D installed on it.

EDIT : 

Not possible to run V3 on the laptop as there is no simulator installed..

4 hours ago, deepstar said:

Hi

Why dont you want to install FTX Central v3 on the simulator pc ?

Difficult to download by FTX Central v3 without internet :)

7 hours ago, Colas said:

Hello,

I've recently purchased P3D and I want to install FTX Norway (order number in signature).

Though, I'm not able to download the file in my orbx account, it's only possible to download it through FTX central V3, but I'm currently using V2 (No connection for my flight simulation computer)

I downloaded zip file but was not able to manually install it in FTX V2. Seems to be only for V3 ?

Should I post in the FTX central V2 section ?

Thanks for the feedback.

On your connected laptop, you can download zip from ORBX Direct page. just login and go to "Your account" . For each product purchased, there is a product information with a manual download link:

ORBXD_Manual_Download6dde6.jpg

Once done, transfert the zip to the offline simulator PC on which you install FTX Central v3 first.

Then, open FTX Central 3 and go to FTX Norway. Proceed to install by changing the settings like below:

ORBX_Install_from_zip.jpg

ORBX_Install_from_zip2.jpg

Unzip the download on the target PC. Navigate the directories to point to one of the extracted zip files from the laptop (don't open it as it's different from FSS version).

Don't forget to download ORBXlibs in the page below and proceed to install like previously:

https://orbxdirect.com/support

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your answer.

OK I've downloaded the 2 zip files manually (Norway and Libs).

For FTX Central v3, I copied the .Exe file on the sim computer, but then crashed.

I assume it crashes on the sim computer when trying to download the datas.

So I installed it on the laptop and make a copy of the directory, located in "user\AppData\Local\Orbx\"

Though, when I opened it, I had no option to manually locate a file. Instead of your picture, I have a "There are no downloads available for product" message.

Did the way I installed FTXC v3 is the origin of the issue ?

Is there any other option to activate something when being off-line ? 

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

I have run into the same problem. We have several networked simulators running P3Dv2 that we want to install the Norway scenery on.

The problem is that all of these computers are on a standalone network, and not connected to the internet. It is impossible for us to connect them to the internet due to security policies. 

I have downloaded the zip file with my products from my OrbxDirect profile, and the libraries as suggested.

My problem is how can I install FTX central on these offline computers? I can't seem to find a offline installer anywhere. As a workaround, I tried to download and install FTXC on my networked computer, and then copy over all the files. This allows me to start FTXC on the offline computers but the catalog is blank, and I don't have the option to install from .zip

Any thoughts on how to solve the problem?

Kind regards

Gjermund Kjerkreit

Archived