Rex over Canberra

mmglads

Wonderful FTX!

This is my first attempt at this, hope I don't stuff it up! Just a couple of shots of the (sadly defunct) Factory Flight Simulations Saab 340b in REX livery over Canberra. Screenshots taken with "Ultrasnap v1.0" which I've been using for ever. No special effects used at all. Will post more if these turn out OK.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi Turnip,

It's a Saab 340b in this case. FFS did release also the 340a (I have it in NZ livery) more follows.....

I bought this aircraft in Sept 2006 for $34.99 US after waiting for about 2 years for it to be released. Not long after that, Factory Flight Simulations ceased trading, owing (according to the many posts about this) the gauge developers, and a lot of others a fair bit of money for their efforts. An update was planned, but never executed & most of the developers have moved on to other things. A shame, because (IMHO) it's the best Saab 340b out there. I have all of the files (including a small update that appeared just before they closed their doors), the repaints and the blank paint kit plus all of the registration details, but sadly I am constrained legally not to share them.  :'(

I don't know whether there is a statute of limitations on this sort of add on, but if anyone has any opinions, please let me know, as I would happily legally share it if possible, as it's now approaching 2 years old & really is "yesterday's technology" - but I don't want to upset the many people who worked on the project for no pay.

I've imported it into FSX using the excellent Computer Pilot 2 part guide, the only thing that doesn't work is the fuel gauges, which read empty (although they're full!) It flies well, is a little "frame rate heavy" - probably because of the FS9 programming, but does run awesomely in FS9.

Archived